The Photos section of the site is back. It needs a lot of work, but at least it’s there again. I decided to only upload the “important” pictures from the old setup, but I’ll upload new ones as the days go by. It’s a nice and simple interface, which I really like. I’m using SPAM/iPAP to mange the photo albums and it works well. The software needs a lot of improvements, but those will come with time.
Some of the things I would like to see are:
- Resizing of images on upload.
- Saving images into folders based on the album, instead of one folder for all of the images.
- Rotating of images based on EXIF data.
- Use MySQL or some derivative instead of a flat database file.
- Better ability for templating. The CSS should be moved out into a seperate file and PHP code should be allowed in the templates.
- Deleting albums and images doesn’t work quite right yet.
- Batch uploading. Currently I have to individually choose the images (maximum of eight). I would like to see an option where I could choose a folder and upload everything from it, or upload a zip file that would be unzipped once on the server.
The future looks bright for this piece of software as long as development doesn’t stop.