When I was entering my zip code on the Nest I felt like I was in a movie, breaking into a safe.
I installed 2 Nest Protects on Friday, the first thermostat today, and 2 more thermostats should be here tomorrow or Thursday depending on the weather delays with shipping.
My house has 4 heating zones, so it’ll be interesting to see how everything works together. I’m leaving the old digital thermostat in the basement because I never really go down there and keep it at a constant temperature.
If you enjoyed “House of Cards”, the director’s commentary has interesting insight and extra info. A nice refresher before season 2 too.
- 1 lb of ground beef/turkey/chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (I bought a can which also had jalapeños)
- 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- Romaine lettuce
- 1-2 Avocados
- Throw your protein in a pan over high-ish heat.
- While the meat is cooking, dice up the onion.
- When the meat is browned and cooked through you can drain out any grease if you want. I leave it in.
- Add some minced garlic, taco seasoning, and the diced onion. How much? Up to you. I have a big container of taco seasoning so just sprinkled some around. Most people will probably use a packet from the store. I have minced garlic in a bottle, so I gave it 3 little squirts, which was maybe a teaspoon.
- Add some cayenne pepper and/or hot sauce if you want. I didn’t measure.
- Mix it all together and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and green chiles.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes to let all of the flavors combine.
I ate mine on a bed of romaine lettuce with half of a mashed avocado on top.
You see, Freddy believes that if a fridge falls off a minivan you better swerve out of its way. I believe it’s the fridge’s job to swerve out of mine.
-Frank Underwood in “House of Cards” Season 1 Chapter 4
Like, when you make a movie, you burn a DVD and you take it to your DVD player. Someday that could happen over AirPort, so you don’t have to burn a DVD — you can just watch it right off your computer on your television set.
Now we watch movies on our TVs through Netflix or the iTunes Store with the Apple TV and don’t think twice about it. It’s exciting to think about what Apple is working on that will come out 3 or 5 years from now.
LOL at CBS playing “Omaha” by Counting Crows going to a commercial break #PeytonManning